The Board of Directors of Global College of Education Specialists (the College) may establish or repeal standing committees of the College at their discretion, from time to time. The Education and Standards Committee is a standing committee of the College.
Committee Chair and Members
The chair of the Education and Standards committee shall be a director of Global College of Education Specialists (the College) and shall be appointed to serve as Chair of this Committee by the Board of Directors.
The Education and Standards Committee shall be made up of at least three (3) individuals appointed by the Board of Directors. These appointments will be based on recommendations made by the Chair of the Education and Standards Committee to the Board of Directors. The Chair of the Committee may recommend the removal of any member to the Board of Directors however, the Chair may suspend member participation in the interim until the Board has decided on the removal.
The Committee shall perform the following functions:
- Review and make recommendations, where required, on the standards and mechanisms of Education and Standards used by the College;
- Oversee membership criteria and standards of education for the members and make recommendations;
- Assist external organizations with the organization and delivery of educational programs deemed by the Directors as being beneficial to the Members.
- Oversee the professional development of members.
- Provide oversight on new standards and mechanisms related to Education and Standards and make recommendations thereto to the Board of Directors.
- Such other duties as may from time to time be assigned to the committee by the Board of Directors.
The Committee may meet for the transaction of business, adjourn and otherwise regulate its meetings as it sees fit and may from time to time adopt, amend or repeal rules or procedures in that regard.
At least half of the Committee members shall form a quorum for the transaction of business by the Committee.
The Committee Chair shall preside at all meetings of the Committee and, in consultation with the other Committee members, shall set the frequency and length of each meeting of the Committee and the agenda of items to be addressed at each meeting.
Committee members can by unanimous consent waive the requirement for the three (3) day period. However, this practice should be limited to only rare and unusual circumstances which did not allow for the information to be prepared and circulated within the prescribed time limit.
The Committee may hold meetings in person or by teleconference or by such other electronic means that permit all persons participating in the meeting to properly communicate with each other. There should be at minimum four (4) meetings annually and wherever possible, at least one in-person meeting.
Questions arising at any meeting of the Committee shall be decided by a majority of votes of the Committee members. Each Committee member is authorized to exercise one (1) vote. In case of an equality of votes, the Committee Chair shall have a second or casting vote.
At each meeting of the Directors, the Committee Chair shall report on the work of the Committee that has been undertaken since the last report.
All business transacted by the Committee is confidential and each member of the Education and Standards Committee shall sign and abide by the terms and conditions of the College’s Non Disclosure Agreement as amended from time to time.
Global Society Immigration Consultants Committee
To be eligible for appointment to the committee, a member must:
- Be a Full member in good standing of the College.
- Be committed to the success of the College.
- Understand the College’s role as regulator and its mandate of consumer protection.
- Have the interest to learn more about how the College is governed and assist in the formulation of policies and procedures employed by the College to regulate the profession.
- Have demonstrated a variety of leadership skills through his-her professional and-or volunteer endeavors.
- Be willing to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement and serve as a volunteer, without compensation other than reimbursement of certain expenses and receipt of CPD credit.
- Demonstrate a capacity for thoughtful group decision-making and people skills.
- Be able to work and communicate in English or/and French.